5/26 Fundamental Thoughts - Sermons

God Is
Psalm 46:1-11

Introduction:       This psalm is a psalm of deliverance and a rejoicing psalm.  It allows us a little reflection with God.  He reminds us to be still, be quiet and listen as He asked Elijah.  (I Kings 19:9-13)  God isn’t in the loud and profane, He is in the quiet and the humble.  This psalm is about the coming Millennium when we all come back to earth for that thousand years, so let us see what is in this psalm for us today.

I.            GOD IS SECURITY                       (vv 1-3)
              A.           All Else Is Insecure

Psalm 62:7           In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

1.               God is
a.               My Salvation
b.               My glory
c.               The rock of my strength
d.               My refuge
2.           He is everything

Jeremiah 3:23      Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel.
3.           In vain they hope
a.               From the hills
b.               From the mountains
4.           Only in God is Salvation

II.           GOD IS PROTECTION                (vv 4-7)
A.              Assurance                                                       (v 4)
1.           Holy Place                         (Heaven)

John 10:28-30     And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.   30I and my Father are one.

1 Thessalonians 1:5            For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

              a.           Of The Most High            (v 4)
              b.           The City of God






B.              Comfort                                                          (v 5)

Isaiah 12:1            And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

Isaiah 66:13         As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

1.               God is in the midst
2.               He shall not be moved
a.           I shall not be moved

Psalm 21:7            For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.

C.              He is our refuge                              (v 7)

Psalm 27:5           For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Psalm 61:3-4        For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.  4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings.                  Selah

III.         GOD’S WORKS                             (vv 8-11)
A.              Submit To His Authority                 (v 8)
1.               Behold His works
2.               The desolations

Psalm 8:3-4a             When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? …

Ecclesiastes 3:11    He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

B.           He Makes Wars to Cease                             (v 9)

Isaiah 2:4             And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

1.               He breaks the bow
2.               He cuts the spear in two
3.               He burns the chariot

Isaiah 9:6-7          For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.   7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

C.           Be Still and Know                                          (v 10)

Job 37:14              Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God.

Isaiah 32:17          And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

1.               He is God
2.               He will be exalted among the heathen
3.               He will be exalted in the earth.

Isaiah 12:4           And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

D.           God Is With Us                                (v 11)

Deuteronomy 23:14           For the LORD thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.

Conclusion:         Consider God’s works, Our Security; Our protection; our Salvation.

Isaiah 12:2           Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

              God is my Salvation

Habakkuk 3:18    Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

              I will trust Him

1 Timothy 4:10     For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

              God is my Strength

Psalm 28:7           The LORD is my strength ...

              God is my song

Psalm 28:7           The LORD is … my song will I praise him.

              God is my Salvation

Isaiah 25:9           And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Who is your Security

                                           Your Protection
                                                                       
                                                                        Your Refuge




No comments:

Post a Comment